Everyone knows the importance of having medical supplies on the practitioner’s workplace or in a typical household. But, some people may not include bringing their additional first-aid kits on the go. Medical supplies are beneficial for any cuts, bruises, or wounds that need tending to. You may also want to search for a good dental supply company that offers emergency medical supplies and products to professionals and other consumers. Individuals at home may need extra bandages, gauze, pads, antibiotics and other necessary medical supplies. An emergency is always unexpected, so take care of your health by preparing ahead. You must call EMS responders for emergency healthcare services on any difficult or life – threatening situations.
Why Do You Need To Bring Emergency Medical Supplies?
Disasters like fire, earthquake, epidemics, or even accidents may cause trauma not just on your mental health but your physical health. A person that doesn’t have preparedness or safety precautions may face dangers as infections and fractures often. You may not have the time to call an EMS for survival. But, it is always essential to have their contact number in case of emergency. If you also want to know more about supplies, you can look for a manufacturer or a supplier of these medical kits. Some grocery stores, drugstores or pharmacies also have an all-in-one emergency kit for every family.
List Of Emergency Medical Supplies To Bring:
The details below belong to the summarized emergency medical supply list where you can add more products. However, parents or older adults must be careful to store these emergency (EMS) products on an easy to remember place. Make sure children can’t reach these supplies easily. Moreover, children should also be taught why these are vital and necessary items whether you’re at home or traveling.
- First aid manual
- Plastic bags
- Petroleum jelly
- Adhesive or medical tape
- Medical cup, spoon, syringe
- Travel cold packs
- Sterile and brand-new bandages, gauzes, pads
- Antibacterial Soap kit
- Hand sanitizer
- Cotton balls and cotton-tipped swabs
- Antibiotic ointment/cream or antiseptic solution
- Pain relievers, cough and cold medicine, allergy medicine
- N95 or surgical masks
- Rehydration tablets/mixes
- Scissors, tweezers
- Dental kit items – floss, mirror, scaler, toothbrush, toothpaste, saline rinse
Save Your Health From Infections, Call An EMS
No matter how many emergency medical supplies you bring, a severe cut in the mouth, fractures, or bleeding indicates you to go to a hospital or clinic. Patients must make sure that they won’t replace their first aid kits for a fast response from an EMS medical or dental professional’s treatment. Every country has a direct contact number to call an EMS provider or agencies at any local area. You may also ask your health insurance for an emergency facility that may sell gear or equipment and medical supplies. Although before and EMS arrives, make sure that you tend to your wounds with your emergency medical supply products to stop bleeding or swelling.
Other Reminders During An Accident Or Emergency
- Clean your wounds or cuts as fast as you can
- Apply pressure on these injuries to prevent blood loss
- Bring your prescription medicine with you
- Call An EMS for vehicular accidents
- Check your emergency medical supplies or equipment for any expiry dates
- Always bring extra clothes or baby medical supplies when traveling
- Wear your PPE (surgical mask, n95, face shield) during the COVID 19 pandemic
Leave a Reply